March turned out a better reading month than I expected! I started reading Life of Pi (actually back in February) and it was turning into another Starless Sea: I made it about 100 pages in then completely lost interest in it. After it sat for weeks without me touching it (I read Atomic Habits and the two Starcraft graphic novels during this time), I had just decided to give up on it once and for all when I grabbed it again and actually finished it!
- Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits and Break Bad Ones by James Clear
- Outer Order, Inner Calm by Gretchen Rubin
- Starcraft by Simon Furman (graphic novel – and apparently a reread! I read it years ago but didn’t remember it at all until I found it marked as read on my Goodreads page!)
- Starcraft: Survivors by Jody Houser (graphic novel)
- Life of Pi by Yann Martel
- Dungeon Born by Dakota Krout
Other Language books:
- La Gentillesse, C’est… by Pat Zietlow Miller (French translation by Edith Cordeau-Giard
- French Short Stories for Beginners and Intermediate Learners: Engaging Short Stories to Learn French and Build Your Vocabulary by Language Guru
I really enjoyed reading Atomic Habits. I thought it had some really great advice for anyone who wants to be working on creating better habits for themselves. I also really liked Dungeon Born, at least once I got through the big rules dump at the beginning of the book (that part felt like I was reading an RPG manual rather than a fiction book). Once the story took off, it was really fun, and I’m looking forward to reading more in the series!
I’m also really sad that the second arc for the Starcraft series was apparently cancelled – I really wanted to know what happened next with these characters! 😦
So what have you read over the last month? What was your favourite book?