Well, I am proud of myself: this month I finally finished reading Patrick DeWitt’s Undermajordomo Minor, I started reading it back in March (!!!) At that time I read about 10 pages because I really wanted to start it on that particular night, then promptly put it aside and didn’t touch it again for almost four months! I even had to reread those first few pages to make sure I remembered what had happened.
- How to Maintain Languages by Robin MacPherson
- Championess by Tarun Shanker, Kelly Zekas, and Amanda Perez Puentes (graphic novel)
- Goddess of Vengeance by Jackie Collins
- Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Lost Chronicles Volume 1 (graphic novel)
- He-Man: The Eternity War Volumes 1 & 2 by Rob David, Dan Abnett, and Pop Mhan (graphic novels)
- Undermajordomo Minor by Patrick DeWitt
I’m not really sure what my favourite book was this month. I enjoyed How to Maintain Languages. It was a really fast read that was interesting. But it also said a lot of things I already knew (a lot of the book reminded me of Atomic Habits, but not as meaty of a read). Of the fiction, I think Undermajordomo Minor was my favourite. I enjoyed it for the most part, particularly the quirky characters, but I didn’t feel like the story came together in a satisfactory whole for me.
So what have you read over the last month? What was your favourite book?