After reading Austin Kleon‘s Show Your Work! 10 Ways to Share Your Creativity and Get Discovered on Monday, I thought I’d share some of what I’ve read over the last month. I don’t want to be making posts like this too often, so I’m going to give it a try once a month, on the last Tuesday (I’m going to repurpose the Tuesday Talk category for this!) 😉
This year I’ve been reading a lot of nonfiction books, and August continued that trend. I read 5 nonfiction books:
- The Librarian’s Guide to Homelessness by Ryan Dowd
- The Anti 9 to 5 Guide by Michelle Goodman
- I’ve Been Meaning to Tell You by David Charandy
- The Golden Boy by Grant Matheson
- Show Your Work! by Austin Kleon
I did manage to fit in a few fiction books too:
- How to Walk Away by Katherine Center
- Kay’s Lucky Coin Variety by Ann Y.K. Choi
I think my favourite nonfiction book was The Librarian’s Guide to Homelessness; Dowd has some fantastic insights to the world of homeless people. My favourite fiction book was How to Walk Away. I was looking for a light and fast read and Center definitely delivered; I also really enjoyed the crazy dynamics of her main character’s family.
So what have you read over the last month? What was your favourite book?