This week is my birthday week! A friend of mine’s birthday is the day before mine (he is exactly one day older than me), so we sort of celebrate for two days. Between that and fitting in visiting with other friends and family, the birthday extravaganza is a whole week affair this year. 🙂
For my actual birthday, the plan is to relax in the afternoon (possibly reading, possibly writing. I’m swaying towards doing some worldbuilding…will let you know what happens this Friday!) then go out for dinner and bowling with friends. Last week was super stressful (I had a job interview and later got the job!) Oh, and I have so far failed to mention on this blog that I will be hosting my very own radio show in the near future! I’ll give more info once everything is finalized. But between everything, I figure relaxing is definitely in order!
So I thought that with everything sort of changing in my life (in good ways), today was a good day to talk about those goals I made in January. It is half way through the year, so I might as well see how I’m doing with them!
- Finish Tears of the King. I haven’t worked on it in awhile. Will have to get back to it. That being said, I feel like the game is around 1/3 built (and functional!)
- Write four polished short stories. This has not happened at all. I’ve had a few times in the last few months where I was going to work on something and it just hasn’t happened. I’ll have to try harder!
- Take a Lego Picture a month (and actually post it in a timely manner). I’m on track with this!
- Eat healthier. I feel like I’m getting on track with this. Now that the stress is winding down in my life a bit (and after the birthday week) hopefully this will be even more true!
- Be more active. I’ve been getting a bit more active lately. Hopefully now that I’ll know my schedule (and mainly be working close to home) I’ll be able to deal with this even more!
- Read the anthologies I own. Not happening. I’m on track to read 40 books, but to date I think one was an anthology.
- Build 1 of my worlds that need building. Worldbuilding has been happening in my head lately – this may still happen!
- Edit my NaNoWriMo 2012 book. So far this has not been happening. And most likely will not this year. If anything, I’m more likely to go and edit my NaNoWriMo 2011 book thanks to all the worldbuilding I’ve done these last few years!
- Take apart my NaNoWriMo 2015 blob. This is done!!!!
- Work with Chat Mapper. This has also not been happening. But maybe I will have some time to tackle it later in the year?
So one of my goals has been accomplished, and I’ve made progress on another five. Hopefully I’ll be able to see my way through those ones at least, even if I don’t make it through all ten! Wish me luck as we move into the second half of 2016!
2 responses to “Tuesday Talk – Happy Birthday to Me!”
Happy birthday. I have gotten very few goals I had set for the week done at all. Glad you are getting some done for the year. You still have 1/2 to go. Maybe it will work out.
Thank you! Here’s hoping! Good luck to you on your goals! 🙂